How much time do HR specialists and IT managers of your company normally spend on searching for employees with the profound knowledge of particular technologies and work experience in specific projects and certain offices?
How much time do you spend on your CV editing?
Simple tasks, but sometimes you waste too much time to do them. Therefore, Artezio offers its own tool for HR work automation – ArtTeam.
ArtTeam started as a proof of the concept project. The development team wanted to test skills in Scala technologies, so Artezio experts decided to develop a product for internal use that can help the HR department with employee CV search and workers – with its creation and editing.
Developers set up the following tasks:
Scala, Akka, Spray, ReactiveMongo, and ReactJS were chosen as a main technology stack. There is no doubt that these technologies will become prevailing in the custom software development market in the near future.
The system architecture was developed:
1. Spray.io based stateless REST backend using non-blocking MongoDB driver (ReactiveMongo).
2. MongoDB as a CV document store.
3. CV export to PDF and docx using itext and docx4j libraries.
4. Cutting-edge Facebook React library as a UI vehicle with a custom-build state management solution on top of it, called Morearty.js (https://github.com/Tvaroh/moreartyjs).
5. Automatic UI state synchronization with browser local storage, e.g. to continue from exactly the same UI state on the page re-open.
As a result, the main part of the project was finished within 6 months.
Morearty.js has become an open source project, and its development is in progress.