Electronic Payments Company
- Software engineering
- Technology consulting
- Business Analysis & Consulting
- Software quality assurance and control
Payment Systems Integration
The customer came to Artezio with a request to integrate banking, municipal, telecom, and other services to provide a single interface for online payments.
Artezio had to implement a payment processing point which would transfer payments to various payees (municipal services, banking institutions, transportation organizations, telecom/internet operators, the Inland Revenue, etc.) via different sources (mobile phone accounts, credit cards, and eWallets).
The customer needed a robust and fast integration solution for the information flows between various payment sources and payees.
Artezio’s team needed to support the following system requirements:
- different data areas for different system operators
- a client-independent API
- a system scaling option
- a possibility of changing connectors without changing a platform
- client data protection
Artezio’s staff in conjunction with the customer agreed on the following solutions:
- The integration approach was based on Spring Integration.
- Due to the use of Spring Integration, the interaction between participating systems was standardized and implemented by using a number of protocols (SOAP WS, REST WS, Sockets, SFTP, etc.).
- The subsystem for batch processing of financial transactions was based on the Java EE platform (such an approach guarantees a high performance, reliability, and lower maintenance costs).
- The subsystem for business transactions and lookup table replication was designed on the Java EE platform with the access via SOAP and JMSinteraces (both synchronously and asynchronously).
- The integration with payment systems and other systems was done through a separate application that supported deployment without the system core reload.
The hi-level system architecture:
The main part of the project was delivered within 8 months. The total effort was over 4 man-years.
The main part of the project was delivered within 5 months. Artezio team was able to successfully accomplish the development and stay within the budget.
To date more than 250 information flows between various services have been implemented. The Customer is happy with the quality of the service and team responsiveness. Artezio still supports the system, maintaining it and helping to add new payees.
The customer’s requirements were met in full, and Artezio still provides ongoing support to the customer.